Thursday, August 14, 2008

Anyone still reading this?

3-2-1 ContactImage via Wikipedia Yeah, OK, so I've let the blog slide since class ended. But why not keep it running? For the last several days I've been on a beach vacation with my family, and our recent nostalgic YouTubing has inspired me to post this video that rocked my world and blew my mind when I was seven years old. Then when I met my future husband thirteen years later, we totally bonded over how much this short film rocked our worlds and blew our minds when we were seven years old.

No, it doesn't have particularly much to do with library school or related issues, but who among us wouldn't benefit from a broader perspective? (Way broader...) I therefore invite you to enjoy Al Jarnow's "Cosmic Clock" from 3-2-1 Contact (still one of my favorite TV shows ever). Hooray for Children's Television Workshop!





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Carol Johnston said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Great post. I'd never seen that clock before. It reminded me of a "joke" I'd heard at the Audubon...something about an insect inquiring about choosing a home site on a tree. The response from the fellow insect "it's been that way all my life." A life that we know doesn't last long. Given the clock, the world, and the universe...we're all insects. So thanks for that clock. I'm taking these few weeks to try to catch up w/ people's blogs. I thoroughly enjoy reading yours!
Carol